The quality of good software is that it offers you more and bothers you less. There is nothing more bothering than a virus running havoc through your system. The antivirus software’s on offer do appear as big help signs but are quite commonly not. Often they are not equipped enough to deal with the massive onslaught of malware on your system that look like virus but can’t be deleted with your antivirus system. Here we present the list of five finest antivirus software of 2011.
Source – robbie73
1. Avast Free Antivirus 5: The undisputed virus killer Avast Antivirus 5 takes care of viruses and malwares in one clean sweep. The software is easy to download and the interface is quite impressive. Quite commonly antivirus software affects your system performance by slowing it down. Even the previous Avast Antivirus software’s suffered from the same, with this edition Avast have sorted out those issues. On the downside, it is obviously a scaled down version of the paid Avast Antivirus 5. So, every time you update the virus log you have to deal with those annoying pop ups. Its malware detection is good but not best in the business.
2. Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0 Microsoft’s operating system never come pre equipped with antivirus software. As is the case with all the Microsoft applications, you have to download Microsoft security Essentials 1.0 from their main server. On the upside, the software is easy to download. It will obviously check your windows copy for being legit. Once the download is finished, you will be pleased by the interface that is simple and easy to understand. On the downside, the scanning process is very slow compared to other antivirus systems. Following on the league of most antivirus software’s the malware detection is not impressive.
3. Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.0 Panda Cloud Antivirus is one of the latest entrants in the antivirus arena and you can instantly see that it is offering some impressive features. With antivirus software’s you have to depend on regular updates to detect new viruses or malware. With this Antivirus your software receives updated virus logs directly from the company’s server. When it comes to malware detection, Panda is indeed the best in the business. The interface is simple and easy to understand. On the downside, the scan speed is dismally low. The online malware detection and protection can get better.
4. Comodo Internet Security Premium 5.0 – Comodo Internet Security Premium 5.0 does not offer you anything new but it is still a pretty effective antivirus. The interface is complex compared to other counterparts. Comodo also offers you firewall protection, which is slightly unorthodox for an antivirus. The malware detection is better than previous Comodo versions.
5. Avira AntiVir Personal Free AntiVirus 10 – Avira antivirus is exceedingly good at virus detection. It is easy to download; the interface is simple but requires daily update. On the surprise side, it offers brilliant malware protection both offline and online. On the downside the daily updates are indeed a bit of nuisance and you have to reinstall the antivirus after every year.
About the guest author – Alia Haley is an avid writer who is always on a look out for latest updates about technological innovations and applications. She is very fond of tablets and is planning to buy a new HTC tablet soon.