The new 13-inch Apple Mac Book Pro comes up with a lot of new features over the previous generation. After replacement of both the previous laptops ibook and 12 inch power book 13.3-inch while offering a great compromise between portability and layout or size for a reasonable price. Even the low cost models also have the features, which can be found in very expensive macbook pro. Users now get a large battery that gives pretty amazing life, a better display, faster processor, FireWire, SD-card slot, and best of all a lower starting price.
- Operating system: Mac OS X v10.5.7 (9J3032
- Processor – Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHz (3MB L2 cache, 1066MHz )
- RAM – 2GB 1067MHz DDR3 SDRAM
- Hard disk – 160GB 5400rpm SATA hard disk drive
- Lcd screen – 13.3″ glossy widescreen TFT LED backlit display (1280 x 800)
- Graphics card – NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics (256MB of DDR3 shared memory)
- DVD drive – 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Web cam – insight web cam
- Wireless – AirPort Extreme WiFi (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth – Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Jacks in – Mini Display Port, Ethernet, two USB 2.0 ports (480Mbps), FireWire 800, Audio out and microphone in, SD-Card reader
- Dimensions – 0.95″ x 12.78″ x 8.94″ (H x W x D)
- Weight – 4.51 pounds
- Power backup – Integrated 58-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- Power management – 60W MagSafe power adapter with cable management system
Design point of view:
This macbook gives you a sleek and classy look and that is what we expect from Apple. The design is sharp with the unibody chassis showing no panel lines or breaks except on the bottom for the huge panel that covers the internals. Apple has given a nice simplification by switching the batter inside for this model instead of having the classical cover and release bar and a simple interface with little clutter and ports turning what are usually a mindless appliances into a work of art.
A rigid unibody chassis that gives a look of a solid block of aluminum. . Without any plastic panels, except at the screen hinge, there are no parts to squeak or creak under normal use. This unibody notebook has a stronger as compare to its looks.
Keyboard and touchpad layout:
This version of macbook offers a fully backlit chicklet style keyboard this style of keyboard was originally created by Sony. The keyboard is comfortable to type on and easy to transition to if you are used to typing on a standard notebook Keyboard with tighter key spacing. The backlight is nice even when the room is not completely dark. By the lit keys, it makes it easier to spot keys since everything is lit.
As comparison to the palm rest of other notebooks this pro version has perfectly flat surface with a sharp edge. The touchpad is a large multi-touch surface with no separate touchpad buttons, which allows the entire surface to “click”. The touchpad sensitivity depends upon the os in Mac os x the touchpad sensitivity is excellent, offering no lag on the default sensitivity settings while in Windows, where the driver support doesn’t give you the same sensitivity.
Screen resolution and looks are not too great compared to other versions but have a highly reflective glass layer over the LCD. For viewing Pictures and movies it is great experience with the glossy surface. Overall brightness is excellent for viewing in brightly lit rooms like in an office building or lecture hall.
Viewing angles are also average with Horizontal viewing angles are much better and colors staying accurate at steep angles.
Cnet.com has given a rating – 4.5/5.0
Where as pcmag.com has given a rating – 7.0/10