Mozila Firefox provides its users with many features like tabbed browsing etc. that Internet explorer 6 did not had. Sometimes leaving habits is so hard, specially when it’s a bad habit. Internet explorer 6 was one such bad habit that am happy to live without. When I started using Firefox actively, I knew what I was missing. Anyways, here are some cool features of Mozila Firefox:
- On Page Search – That is – go to the edit menu on the top and click on find. A small search bar will come out at the bottom of your browser. Just type a few things that you want to find out and Firefox will high light that text on the current page. Now you won’t have to search through tons of lines on a big wiki page, just type in and get what you need to read.
- Where did my download go – go to tools menu on the top and click on downloads. Right click on any download that you have already done, it will give you a few options like, open containing folder. Just click on it and the folder with your downloaded stuff in it will open up.
- Search bookmarks – if you are someone like me who bookmarks every second web page that one visits then you will certainly need to search bookmarks to retrieve the ones you need. To do that, just click on organize bookmarks and a window will open with a search bookmarks option on it.
- Frequently visited sites – for example, google.com, your blog, your email etc. are a few websites that you want to open with a click of a button. For that, just open the website on a Firefox tab and click on the tab. Then keep the click pressed and drag it to the toolbar on the Firefox window. You will see a bottom has been made with the name of the site.
- Watch full screen – I love this feature, specially when a site’s design attracts me, I press f11 or view menu – full screen. That way you can see the full site with out the browser details.
Mozila Firefox is my favorite browser and with the amount of plugins available for it, you can do all that you need to do. I will come up with another post on my list of favorite Firefox add-ons.