Nokia surge is one of the latest mobile phone release by nokia. The smartphone is Symbian s60 based and has a flash browser support. The qwerty keyword is side slider and is packed with quite a few nice features. On the first look the phone appears to be a raido, and having said that, the design did not impressed me much. Lets see the positive and negative features:
- Has a good battery backup.
- Has a 8GB expandable memory option
- Has flash browser support
- Qwerty keyword
- Video share facility – live video share facility over voice call.
- JuiceCaster – share video and stuffs from wireless device to online social media sites like Youtube, facebook etc.
So after going through the positive points, its pretty clear that nokia surge is targeting social media people. The video share, sending and receiving messages, instant and email messages etc. features will surely attract those that stays online for hours. This includes the battery backup and expandable memory features.
- 2 mega pixel camera – this is surely a big negative point. 2 mega pixel is way too low and will surely reflect in the pictures taken by it.
- Nokia logos are a big downer (got a crack on the glass once removing such a nokia logo…) and the big AT&T logo looks even more distracting.
- Internal memory – Only 128 MB
Bottom line – Its fast, as it is running on nation’s fastest 3G network, the features included will be good for social guys but the design surely did not impress me at all. Its different, it’s a small rectangle radio type in shape, but surely not something that I would like to hold on my hands.